Showing a house during the Covid19 Pandemic
Here are some ideas about showing a house for sale during the covid19 pandemic. This information comes from a real estate broker and a biohazard cleanup company, Biosafe. Looking to the California Association of Realtors, we find information similar to the below advice for viewing houses for sale in Cypress, California.
For "best practices" to view a Cypress house for sale, disinfect lockboxes before entering. Do the same for doorknobs before entering the house and rooms needing doorknob contact, bathrooms, closets, and so forth. Use a hand sanitizer, and do not touch anything in the house.
CAR went on to list what it calls “best practices” for entering a house. They include disinfecting the lockbox and the doorknob each time, wearing gloves before going into a house and throwing them away right afterward, bringing and using hand sanitizer, and not touching anything in the house.
Also from the CAR:
· Only a single agent and no more than two other individuals are to be in a dwelling at the same time during a showing.
· Sellers are to be advised that they should not be present within a dwelling at the same time as other individuals.
· Any persons on the property must agree to adhere strictly to the social distancing guidelines at all times by remaining at least six feet apart.
· Any person entering a property shall provide by declaration that to the best of their knowledge, they are not currently ill.
· All persons visiting a property will agree to wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer prior to entry, and to wear disposable rubber gloves and a protective face mask, if one is made available.
· If anyone who enters the property is later diagnosed with COVID-19, the person who is diagnosed must immediately inform the listing agent, who will then make the best efforts to inform everyone who entered the property after the person diagnosed.